You can prepare these meals ahead and freeze them. Just pull them out, thaw slightly, put in the crock-pot and go!!
- Crockpot Italian Sausage with Peppers & Onions
1lb. Italian Sausage Links
1 large green pepper
1 medium onion
2 cups diced tomatoes
2t. onion powder
2t. garlic powder
Mix all ingredients in freezer bag and freeze.
Write on bag:
1. When ready to cook, place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours or
high for 4 hours.
high for 4 hours.
2. Can serve on warm hot dog buns or serve with salad, like we will:)
- White Chicken Chili
2 T. olive oil
1 T corn starch
1 medium onion chopped
1 can chopped green chilis, drained
2 cans white beans (drained)
2 t. cumin
2 t. chili powder
1 lb chicken tenders
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
Place all ingredients except chicken stock in large freezer bag, toss to coat and freeze.
Write on bag: 2 cups chicken stock
1. When ready, place ingredients in slow cooker, add chicken stock and cook on low for 4
2. Remove chicken, shred & return to crock pot.
3. Serve with warm cornbread (or not:))
- Crock Pot Beef Stew
1 large onion, diced
1 ½ lb lean stew meat, cut in 1 inch chunks
2 cups water
2 tsp beef bouillon or 2 cups beef stock
1 ½ cups V-8 juice
⅓ cup barbeque sauce
3 clove of garlic
1 lb carrots cut up
Salt & Pepper to taste
Optional- bunch of celery
Add onion, meat, water, beef bouillon, V-8 juice, BBQ sauce, and garlic clove into your freezer bag.
Write on the bag: 4 medium potatoes (cut in 1 inch cubes-omit for Paleo)
1. Dump contents of the freezer bag into your crock pot.
2. Add 4 medium potatoes, cubed.
3. Cook on high 6-7 hours or low for 8-9 hours.
- Southwest Chicken
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of black beans, drained
1 16oz jar of salsa
3-4 chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
Add the corn, black beans, salsa, and chicken to the ziploc bag.
Write on the bag: 1 (8oz) brick of cream cheese
1. Dump ingredients into the crock pot. Cook on high for 6-7 hours and low for 7-8 hours.
2. About 30 minutes before the meal is going to be served remove and shred the chicken.
3. Cut up the cream cheese into chunks and add to the crock pot with the chicken.
4. Serve over rice/lettuce. You can also top with shredded cheese-non-Paleo!