– 1 butternut squash (1.5 lbs.), cubed
– 1 sweet onion, sliced
– 1 bosc pear, sliced
– 1 cup raw cranberries
– 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
– 1 cup veggie or chicken broth (optional)
– 2 bay leaves
– Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cinnamon
1. Layer squash cubes at the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Put half of the onions, pears, and cranberries on top.
3. Add 1 bay leaf and some spices
4. Arrange a layer of chicken on top of the spices
5. Add another layer of spices and the second bay leaf on top of the chicken
6. Add the remaining onion, pear, and cranberries
7. Pour the broth over the mixture (this isn’t necessary – I like it because it makes it a little bit soupy)
8. Cook on high for 3 hours and then low for 90 minutes