Made this yesterday– it was very easy and very delicious!! And I’m not a fan of pork!! There are variations on the receipes, so I tried nutmeg. I never had nutmeg before and apparently not the biggest fan, so I’m going to try cinnamon next time. It was served with a side of locally grown corn! mmm! You don’t need any additional liquid, the apples are plenty!
|Crockpot Apple Pork Tenderloin|
- 4 Organic Gala Apples
- 1½lb – 2lb Pork Tenderloin
- Nutmeg or Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Raw Honey (optional)
- Core and slice your apples
- Add a layer of apples in the bottom of the crockpot and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon
- Place slits in your pork tenderloin, and cut tenderloin in half if you need to so it can lay nice and neat in the crockpot.
- Take one apple slice and place in each slit in the tenderloin
- Place tenderloin with apple slices in place into the crockpot on top of your layer of apples and sprinkle top with nutmeg or cinnamon
- Place remaining apple slices on top of the pork tenderloin and sprinkle once more with nutmeg or cinnamon
- Place crockpot on low, go to work and come home to dinner all ready.