We made a FANTASTIC recipe over the weekend that is perfect for the colorful recipes! This recipe is from Balanced Bites and her 21 Day Sugar Detox (http://balancedbites.com/category/21-day-sugar-detox) (http://balancedbites.com/). Such a great website!
The recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free (and Paleo approved). It was seriously one of the best meals I have had in a LONG time, and was simple and easy to make!
• 1-2 limes Juice and zest
• 1 clove garlic, grated or finely minced
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• Sea salt and black pepper to taste
• 1-1 1/2 lb skirt steak (We did a flank steak)
• 1 head bibb, butter, or Boston lettuce – leaves gently separated, rinsed & dried.
• 2 dozen cherry tomatoes, halved (or one large tomato chopped into 1-inch pieces)
• 1 avocado, thinly sliced (We had left over guacamole so we used that instead)
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice, zest, garlic, chili powder, sea salt & black pepper. Place the skirt steak in the bowl and massage the seasonings into it. Grill for approximately 3 minutes per side.
2. Set the cooked steak aside to rest for 10 minutes, then slice against the grain into small strips. You may want to divide the skirt steak into sections before slicing, as it is typically very long.
3. Serve the steak, tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado in your lettuce leaves.