Bright colored vegetables added to cheese-filled tortellini make a satisfying yet low calorie meal that’s perfect for lunch.
- 1 9 ounce package refrigerated light cheese tortellini or ravioli
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup crinkle-cut or sliced carrots (2 medium)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (2)
- 1/2 cup bottled reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pea pods, halved
- Milk (optional)
1. In a large saucepan cook pasta according to package directions. Add the broccoli and carrots during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain again.
2. In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta mixture and green onions; drizzle with dressing. Gently toss to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
3. Before serving, gently stir tomato and pea pods into pasta mixture. If necessary, stir in a little milk to moisten. Makes 8 main-dish servings.