Make this colorful and delicious side dish. Chop veggies the night before. Sprinkle with salt and let sit when you get home from work, then bake for thirty minutes while you whip up an easy protein packed main dish. You’ll end up with a heaping bowl of veggies perfect for a side dish. Use the leftovers in a lunch wrap.
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Sprinkle eggplant with salt, and let stand 30 minutes. Pat dry.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together eggplant and remaining ingredients, and arrange in a single layer in 2 aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pans.
3. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown. Season with salt to taste.